RCC is one of the area’s premier truck driving schools and our training provides a Non-Credit Training Certificate (NCTC), approved by the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC). We are a FMCSA registered Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) provider.
- Highly experienced, patient, and professional instructors
- Excellent classroom setting and teaching methods
- College transcript of training and non-credit certificate
Our Class A training consists of 3 program courses which provide 50 hours of classroom instruction and 144 hours of truck yard/range and open road instruction.
3.111, Introduction (classroom): Dedicated to studying and reviewing the information required to obtain your Commercial Learner Permit.
3.112, Advanced Topics (classroom): A complete study of what it takes to be a well-rounded professional driver.
- company expectations and successful attitudes required of a professional truck driver
- Instruction on all phases of truck driving techniques
- State and Federal laws as they apply to the transportation industry
- Local and National driving opportunities
- Paper Logbooks, Electronic Log Devices, Cargo Handling & Manifests
- Time management and safety
- HAZMAT endorsement training
- Preparation for behind-the-wheel Commercial Driver License Exam
3.113, Practical Applications (behind-the-wheel): Extensive behind-the-wheel instruction covering: pre-trip inspection, brakes test, shifting from square one, all types of backing, coupling and uncoupling, local and city driving, freeway driving, and extensive practice on all types of grades. Includes CDL skills test given by third-party tester.